Description: Attached to GoPro Hero 3+ Black camera and control it from Arduino Pro Mini. This tiny board acts as a BacPac™. Combination with Arduino Pro Mini 328 3.3V 8MHz (or Teensy 3.x or GR-KURUMI) is possible and you can reprogram/control almost all of the camera functionalities.
Introduction to MewPro is here.
- No housing modification required: Fits well inside of Backdoor for LCD Touch BacPac™ or Battery BacPac™.
- Neither “One Button Mode” nor messy autoexec script settings required.
- Any sensors are usable including simple switches, Timer Remote Controller for DSLR cameras, cheap IR remotes, PIR sensors, and so on. A sensor being supported by Arduino implies it can start/stop recording.
- Signals on the back connector (aka “Herobus”) of GoPro get usable: Herobus pins were almost impossible to solder by hand but these are now broken out on the board.
- Universal area for your creativity: You can attach your favorite sensor to here and no extra PCB is necessary unless your circuits consist of huge components.
- Adding a video sync separator chip to the composite signal pin on Herobus enables you to do video motion detection.
- GoPro Hero 3+ Black (Note: Currently GoPro Hero 4s are not supported. This is because GoPro hasn’t release new firmware supporting Dual Hero System, yet.)
- Soldering skills to use sensors or cables.
- Programming skills to use Arduinos.
|Herobus Connector||Arduino Pro Mini compatible||Soldered|
|w/ SMD parts (not soldered)||✔︎||✔︎||–||–||–|
|w/ SMD parts and Herobus connector (soldered)||✔︎||✔︎||✔︎||–||✔︎|
|w/ SMD parts, Herobus connector and Arduino Pro Mini compatible (soldered)||✔︎||✔︎||✔︎||✔︎||✔︎|
Remark: Each product variation above also includes one “Arduino Mini Temporary FTDI Header” and one coated paperclip for convenience when you upload code (thanks to the excellent idea from this site). These are absolutely necessary if you want your MewPro board remains to fit within your housing since usual 6pin header for FTDI is too bulky.
- Introduction to MewPro
- Schematic Drawing
- Arduino Source Code
- List of GoPro Serial Commands
- Herobus Pinout of GoPro Hero 3+ Black
If you choose non-soldered variation of MewPro 1 you can buy Herobus connectors from Ridax (please read this blog post).