We will show you basics to use MewPro 2 for controlling GoPro Hero 3+ Black camera.
The post involves no external sensors.
UPDATE 25 Feb. 2017: Hero 4s are now supported: Please refer this post.
In order to use MewPro 2 as a GoPro controller you need the following hardwares:
- GoPro Hero 3+ Black
- No previous editions work with MewPro 2.
- MewPro 2
- MewPro 2 is ready to use without soldering.
- Arduino Pro Mini Temporary FTDI Header
- If you buy a MewPro 2 from our shop the header is included in the package.
- Sparkfun FTDI Basic Breakout – 3.3V and USB cable
- Use 3.3V version of the breakout board. Any compatible board should work.
MewPro 2 is shipped with optiboot as well as MewPro software (for genlock) installed. But if you like to modify/update the software you will need to prepare the following IDE, core and library. To install each software please refer their documentations.
Lastly grab the MewPro application:
- MewPro Application
- This is an open source software (MIT license). You can modify and distribute it as you like.
On your PC launch Arduino IDE that was installed as described in the above. In Arduino IDE [
Open...]→ then open
MewPro.ino contains the following files as tabs;
k_Genlock.ino. If you like to see what will be happen inside of your ATtiny1634 you could read any of them.
In Arduino IDE application, select [
ATTiny1634 (optiboot)] and [
Port]→[(the port where you connected the FTDI cable)]. (B.O.D. and Clock settings are “don’t care” as these values are only effective when you burn a bootloader to the microcontroller by using an ISP programmer.)
The MewPro source code is originally targeted to MewPro 1, Arduino Pro Mini, so please change the following lines in
that is, to use the WireS library instead of the standard Wire library.
The code should now be compiled successfully.
Verify” the MewPro sketch and “
Upload” it to MewPro 2 board.
Remark: If you are using MewPro 2 board for genlocking, please modify
and for MewPro #0 in double dongle configuration
Controlling details through Arduino console is the same as MewPro 1.